Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bright and Bad

Last week was one of transition.  It was the first week I had counseled in my new prenatal rotation clinic site and it was a very big change.  The expectations were different, the counseling styles were new, and the critique fresh.  Needless to say, it was a hard couple of days.  Bright spots included cookies and chocolate chip waffles while studying for the population genetics midterm (which I rocked by the way)…

IMG_1132IMG_1134

…lots of great eats…

IMG_1114IMG_1116IMG_1128IMG_1136IMG_1167IMG_1173IMG_1175IMG_1183

…several dates with my love, Jack…

IMG_1159IMG_1170

…great HIIT workouts…

IMG_1151

…red velvet lattes to even out all the critique I’ve been hearing, pick me up, pick me up…

IMG_1176IMG_1178

…and good times with friends…

IMG_1147

Like I said, good and bad.  Bright times and bad times.  I will get better.  I will learn from this.  I will make it through.  8 weeks and counting, ladies and gentlemen.  And with that, I have to go and continue my studying for the molecular genetic midterm next week.  One tune (an interesting cover) before I go:

Questions: How do you balance the good and the bad?
Any plans for spring break? It is coming FAST!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...