Sunday, October 14, 2012

Swank

Hello everyone.  I know it’s been a while but patients come first.  And seriously, by the time I get home at the end of the day and get food in my belly, I am beat.  Then the night begins and I do homework until I crash in bed around 10p.  Anyways, tonight I happened to get some stuff done early and I thought to myself, I should blog.  So here I am, about to tell you all about weekend my daddy came to visit (and work in the city).

Last weekend, my dad came in last Sunday and we spent the day eating burgers and watching the Redskins put up a decent fight.  They lost sadly (however they won TODAY!!) and dad and I walked back to his hotel where we caught the tail end of the Colts game on TV.  That one ended with a bang.  Later we went for dinner at a super, duper fancy restaurant.  I seriously wanted to take pictures but that would have been really tacky in such a nice white-glove service establishment.  So, as you can imagine, I opted not to take photos.  I can tell you though that dad and I split a great bottle of red wine and had a good time devouring the artisan bread basket.  I ended up ordering two sides to make a meal for myself: lobster macaroni and cheese along with oven roasted mushrooms (four or five varieties).  Dad had a stellar piece of salmon.  We were impressed.  When the bill was brought, the waiter gave him his calling card.  How swank!  They do it so if you liked the server you can come back and use the card to ask for that server again.  Interesting, huh?

My dad stayed until Tuesday so on Monday, since Jack was around for the weekend (his dad came into town too!), the three of us went to dinner at a new place on the south-ish side of the city.  We started off with crab cakes for the table.  Dad didn’t have lunch and was pretty hungry plus we’re not ones to pass up crab cakes, ever.

photo (4)

These babies were on the small side size-wise but on the big side flavor-wise.  Plus, the cakes were nice and flaky, lots of crab.  The spiced lemon aioli on the plate was scrumptious too.  Next up were salads.  Dad had the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing and Jack and I split the salad named for the joint.  It had candied asparagus, walnuts, goat cheese, cranberries, and spring mix.  It was so good.

photo (7)

Entrée wise, dad had the filet mignon meatloaf (yes, you read that right) with pistachio and white cheddar potato puree.  Jack ordered the candied walnut crusted tilapia and I had the Chilean sea bass with pears and brie bread pudding in a sweet corn broth.

photo (5)

It was so good.  The fish practically fell apart.  I had trouble spearing it with my fork actually it was so tender!  The broth was sweet and complimented the fish well.  Also, oh man, bread pudding.  Seriously awesome!  I loved the whole dish.  When the waitress came around to ask if we wanted dessert, dad declined but I wanted to hear the options.  We chose a chocolate peanut butter lava cake topped with cinnamon ice cream.

photo (6)

We broke this sucker open and outflowed the peanut buttery goodness.  This plate lasted all of five seconds.  Dad even had a few bites…Mr. No Dessert, yea sure.  I enjoyed every bite though.  Too bad there is no place around here to get straight cinnamon ice cream.  That stuff was delish.  You know what else is delicious?  The chocolate peanut butter ice cream cupcake I had on Friday night when David and I went out for a “catch-me-up-on-your-life” dinner and walk-about-the-town.

photo (3)

The peanut butter ice cream with pb cups is mixed in house and then added to a little chocolate covered piece of chocolate cake.  The chocolate shell on the bottom had an awesome texture that I really dug.  I could have eaten a whole three more.  The restaurant had several flavors too so I would never get bored.  =P

Questions: What’s your favorite way to spend time with your dad?
What NFL team do you root for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...