Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemade Protein Bars

Tonight I was on a mission to make my own protein bars.  I typically use things like this for afternoon snacks.  I have always bought them in the past so I figured it couldn’t hurt to try making them myself and saving a bit of dough.  (I admit it would be cool to have a price breakdown for you but I didn’t think about it earlier enough to do so.  Sorry folks!)  So when I came across this recipe for carrot cake protein bars, I was all over it.  I modified the recipe a bit because I didn’t have any coconut flour which was supposed to help the whole recipe achieve “dough” status.  In light of this, I only used 3/4 cup mashed banana, 3T maple syrup, no milk, and whole wheat flour. Also, I didn’t have cloves per say so I subbed in allspice instead.  I made sure to let the mixture sit for as long as possible but nothing was setting up well so I bailed on the idea of forming individual bars and I baked the whole thing in an 8X8 pan and then sliced them up later.

IMG_8614

I would say they turned out super well but I haven’t tasted them yet.  So I’ll let you know exactly how they did when I have a bite tomorrow afternoon amid Metabolism clinic.  But now groups, I have to go and package the bars and get lunch ready for tomorrow. Then it’s off to bed with me.  I have to lift tomorrow in accordance with my New Rules of Lifting for Women plan and 6am is coming up quick.  Sleep well blogland.

(This Tune Tuesday pick was what I was rocking out to in the grocery store tonight.  I may or may not have busted out the booty shake in the pudding aisle to this song.  Haha.  Yea, I’m that awesome.)

Questions: Ever made your own protein bars?
What is your current favorite song?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...