Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 Years Ago

Hard to believe it’s been 11 whole years since the damage that occurred on September 11, 2001.  Now we remember the day by “celebrating” Patriot Day and flying flags at half mast.  Or we erect monuments to commemorate those we lost and those that came to the rescue.


[Source]

In the end, simply taking a moment to let the event and its ramifications resonate in your heart is enough.  Remembering where you were, what you were doing, how you felt, and how far you and the nation have come is important.  Never forget.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I wasn’t originally going to share food today but my dinner was too good to miss.  And if my dinner was that, my dessert was out of this world!  When I got home from clinic, I was wanting some carbs in the form of pasta but I didn’t want to have something totally devoid of nutrition so I sautéed some green pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, and kale in sundried tomato infused oil.  I tossed that with whole wheat linguine, light alfredo, and some marinara sauce.  I finished it off with hunks of goat cheese.

IMG_8731

I seasoned it all with salt, pepper, sage, and a bit of nutmeg (for the dark greens according to Rachel Ray) and it was tasty.  I was very pleased.  I spent the rest of the evening patient prepping and reading the heck out of the embryology chapter on the placenta and fetal membranes.  It was quite the gruesome read.  Things got brighter though when I mixed up dessert.  Chocolate pudding with a giant glob of peanut butter.

IMG_8732

I can’t even tell you how awesome this was tonight.  Seriously incredible.  It was like eating a peanut butter cup that never seemed to end.  =D  I might have to do this again soon.  Now I’m off to clear out my DVR a bit while I make some visual aids for some metabolism counseling I have this week!  Before I go though, here is my tune for this week, inspired by the bridesmaids this past weekend.  We busted out the “wobble” during the reception.

Questions: Ever done the “wobble”?
Are you a fan of choreographed dances like this or the Casper Slide, etc?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...