Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July

 

Happy Independence Day!!

I hope you’re having a lovely time and staying cool where ever you are.  I also trust you have a fireworks display in mind for tonight.  You probably have some BBQ plans too.  That means yummy food on the grill, a nice variety of cold salads, and obviously some sweet treats.  I made some yesterday for my coworkers since we all had the day off today.  I whipped up this recipe for red velvet cupcakes with homemade white cream cheese frosting and a blue number four for decoration.

IMG_8029IMG_8031

Very themed and very delicious.  Apparently, unbeknownst to me, quite a few of my co-workers love, and we’re talking LOVE, red velvet so that worked out really well I would say.  Also, they raved about the frosting.  Like they wanted a cup of it and a spoon.  It was my first time making a traditional frosting (not pudding mix and cool whip) in my own kitchen.  I only used 3.5 cups of powdered sugar, not four, but it worked perfectly.  I was pretty pumped about it.  In regards to the cupcakes, in retrospect, they could have used a whole lot more red food coloring but they did have a nice tint to them.  Oh well, next time perhaps.  Seriously, they tasted delish so I could go for round two.  =D

Now I’m off to figure out what to do for the next six hours until the fireworks start…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...