Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pizza Please

After a long day in neurogenetics clinic (six patients) some girls just need pizza.  So that’s what we got!  Sarah and I tried out a new-to-us place that cooks it’s pizza for only 90 seconds at 900 degrees!  Wow!  We walked to the restaurant, her from our apartment building and I from clinic, so we were so hungry by the time we arrived.  I sucked down water like it was my job as we ordered mangia rolls.

2012-06-19 18.55.562012-06-19 18.56.40

They were alright.  A bit hard on the outside and not doughy enough for me on the inside.  The pizza sauce was nice and chunky though.  Sarah also ordered an arugula salad on the side.  It had a champagne like dressing with poached pears, goat cheese, and caramelized onions.  I didn’t take a picture because I didn’t think I would be indulging in that but I probably ate more than half.  It was sooooo delicious and I made the waitress split the entrée price because of my devouring nature.  She didn’t mind, she honestly offered, I swear!  For our pizza, we chose the tarte flambé.

2012-06-19 18.55.502012-06-19 19.13.59

Holy smokes it was delicious!  I couldn’t stop eating it.  Only after my third piece did I realize that the whole pizza didn’t even have sauce.  Obviously I didn’t miss it at all!  So good.  Oh yea, and the “bacon”, no, that was really seared pork belly pieces.  Oh yes.  Thick and juice and over the top awesome.

So, yea, nice way to end the day huh?  I’ll take pizza with my girlfriends any day.  Now I’m off to finish packing up my suitcase.  I have to get to Utah tomorrow.  Woot.  How exciting.  Number one travel tip (or close to number one, which is actually NEVER forget your ID): always pack snacks!

2012-06-19 21.06.27

Here’s your Tune Tuesday fix people.  This is a great song to run around and dance to alone in your apartment.  Baking chocolate chips or cupcakes is optional.  =D

Questions: What is the best pizza you have ever had?
Do you order breadsticks before eating pizza or is that too much bread?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...