1. Enjoying leftover strawberry (and peach) shortcake with ice cream after a lovely Sunday morning church service. I had told myself I wasn’t going to have anything after church, and I wouldn’t have if it had been the normal Oreos-and-other-store-bought-cookies spread, but then these happened…and I caved, deliciously caved.
2. Catching up with the third book of the Fifty Shades trilogy.
3.Completing the third week of Insanity. I can’t even believe it’s been 21 days. Wowza!
4. Making your own Goddess dressing inspired by a trip to Trader Joe’s. Since I’ve never had the actual stuff, I’m not sure if my copy-cat was close but I can say it was perfect on my salad.
5. Baking all sorts of gluten-free, sugar-free goodies for the family you work for. On the list this week: chocolate chip cookies, peppermint swirl dough, sugar cookie dough, and sticky buns.
6. Eating waffles with an old roommate, her little man, and her fiancé. I made some sour cream waffles and they were super topped with maple syrup and berries they brought to share. We have a perfect time catching up.
7. Packing up for my trip to Myriad on Wednesday! Can’t wait!
8. Cleaning my whole place. You know how I love carpet lines. I swear it even smells better after vacuuming.
9. Trying out maca powder. Mom found it and sent it to me in the hopes that it might support my body’s immunity and some womanly things. It has a distinct taste on it’s own: vaguely chalky, sort of chocolatey. I threw it into chocolate protein pancakes that I topped with peanut butter, syrup, and chia seeds.
10. Blistering in the heat wave around these parts.
11. Writing up patient letters for submission to my supervisor before I head out of town.
12. Registering for a race: Wine at the Line 2012! Joshua and I ran this last year and this year we, or rather probably mostly me, has suckered a whole bunch of friends into running the race and spending the day with us.
13. Shining up my jewelry. I cleaned my rings using a 3:1 warm water:dish soap mixture and a toothbrush. I then used a silver cloth to get all the tarnish off my double helix that I wear on my necklace. Note the very dark gray fingers in the after picture. It took me forever to see straight silver again.
Last, but not least, Happy Father’s Day to all the daddies out there. My dad has been such an incredible role model and influence in my life. He makes me smile, me makes me cry (in a good, sappy, cute way), and most of all he makes my day, every day. He’s never failed me. I love you daddy!
Questions: Have you tried maca powder?
Have you ever attempted to copy-cat a recipe?