Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Behold The BLT(EF)

In the interest of sleep which trumps all at this point, this will be brief.  It will cover today’s highlight: DINNER!  Remember the tempeh bacon I started marinating last night? I pulled it out of the fridge and just look at how awesome it turned out!

IMG_5169

I fried up three slices and used them on a great behemoth of a beautiful sandwich.  Without further ado, allow me to introduce you to the BLT(EF)!

[Tempeh] BACON, [Romaine] LETTUCE, [Roma] TOMATO,
[Fried] EGG, and [Fat Free] FETA

IMG_5170

The runny yolk, the crunch of the lettuce, the coolness of the tomato, the tang of the feta, and the smokiness of the tempeh bacon.  Awesomeness like you wouldn’t believe.  I served it with a baked potato topped with ketchup and nutritional yeast as well as carrot sticks & peanut butter.

IMG_5171

Seriously, if you have never had a ketchup smothered baked potato you really should rectify that.  It’s great.  It’s like fries without the frying.  Anyways, I need to get back to studying and role play prepping.  Ugh!  I just really, really need to make it through the next week and a half.  Must keep my eyes on the prize.  Also, in my stressed-out, homework-induces haze I did Tune Tuesday yesterday on accident.  Check it out if you want your weekly dose.  =)

Question: Do you add to your BLTs or eat them classically straight up?

1 comment:

  1. I like this version of a BLT! I haven't had bacon in YEARS so I don't even remember what it tastes like... oops. I want to try this version at home sometime though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...