Another day of studying my dears. That’s what today was all about after I woke up nice and leisurely at 10am. For a late breakfast I decided to make some pancakes. I wasn’t feeling any of my normal recipes so I decided to make one up. –>
A DNA and Dessert original recipe.
Who is up for pancakes with 20g of protein and 4g of fiber?? Makes two medium pancakes or one whole-pan large pancake.
P.S. This recipe is linked to Foodie Friday.
2 egg whites
2T protein powder
2T rolled oats
1T wheat germ
1t baking powder
1t vanilla extract
2t water, if needed
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Add in egg whites, vanilla, and water if using. Mix well.
3. Drop batter onto a hot pan/skillet. The batter is thick enough that it will probably not bubble. Flip once it has gelled enough that you can get the whole thing on a spatula.
4. Top with your choice delights.
I topped my two cakes with a mix of pumpkin and Biscoff spread. On top of that went chia and maple. Seriously, the pumpkin/Biscoff was incredible. You should seriously try it! I worked on Human Genetics and Communications studying all afternoon. Blah. Blah. Blah. And more blah. Seriously, I found it incredibly hard to concentrate, integrate, and retain any information. Aside from studying I had to watch my final role play and write a 2-3 page critique.
It wasn’t as horrible as I thought. I was actually happy with how it turned out on the whole. I have come leaps and bounds since the beginning of the semester for sure. I was pleased. After I finished I decided lunch was in order. I made myself a sundried tomato wrap with tuna, green goddess dip, tomatoes, shredded carrots, and cheddar cheese. I had bold Chex mix on the side.
I also had a cookie bar for dessert.
Later in the day, after more studying, I headed to the gym. I did 18 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the stationary bike all while studying Communications lectures. I then did some weights:
- Tricep dips under own body weight
- Around the world with 10lb dumbbell
- Bicep curls with a 10lb dumbbell in each hand
- V-raises with a 10lb dumbbell in each hand__________________________________________________
- Lat pulls with 40lbs
- Medicine ball crunches
- Medicine ball push ups
- Step-back lunges with a 10lb dumbbell in each hand__________________________________________________
- Chest press with 40/35lbs
- Sumo squats with 10lb dumbbell
Dinner followed when I got back in the form of a large salad topped with Old Bay seasoned potatoes and pan-seared, crumbled tempeh bacon. I dressed the whole thing in sweet and spicy French dressing.
I studied even more after dinner and talked with mom on the phone. Dessert and a bit of Gossip Girl rounded out the evening.
The ice cream has since motivated me to finish up studying. I have to be up at 7:30am tomorrow to make my 9am Communications final and then my 2p Human Genetics final. Wish my luck!
Questions: Do you put hot toppings on your salad?
What’s your favorite flavor of Chex Mix?