Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hey Elvis, Want A Waffle?

Last night was incredible.  Joshua and I indulged in 8 courses of food paired expertly with 8 glasses of wine.  I’ll recap it for you tomorrow when I have a few more moments to spare.  You won’t want to miss it.

We ended up falling asleep around 1am and I woke up around 9:30.  After doing the dishes, fueling with a date and cinnamon almond butter, and chatting a bit Joshua and I headed to the fitness center.  We hopped on tandem treadmills and I ended up doing a full six miles!  Afterwards I was hungry, as you can imagine, so we headed back to the apartment and made waffles for brunch!  Not just any waffles though.  Oh no.  We made waffles Elvis would be proud of.

IMG_5258

My vanilla protein base was topped with peanut butter, banana slices, wheat germ, chia seeds, tempeh bacon crumbles, and maple syrup. Oh yes ma’am!

IMG_5259

Honestly, this was probably one of the best waffles I have ever eaten.  Best part was that this breakfast contained 30g of muscle rebuilding protein!  Loved it.  However, once breakfast was over that meant it was time to get studying.  Ugh.  Later in the day I snacked on some toast smeared with green goddess dip, Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, feta and/or cheddar cheese.  I also had some peanut butter filled pretzels on the side and a peanut butter surprise cookie for dessert.  It was my last Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap dozen to arrive.  Really good!

IMG_5260IMG_5261IMG_5262

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I studied for the rest of the afternoon/evening then made myself some dinner in the form of mac and cheese with tuna, green beans, and tomatoes.  On the side I had a toasted fluffernutter which really made my night which, believe me, is hard to do when I’m this deep into finals prep.

IMG_5263IMG_5264

After that, more studying ensued… Facebooking ensued… Dessert also ensued…  Ice cream sundae drenched in marshmallows for the win, anyone??

IMG_5265

Anyways, it’s a Saturday night and I sadly must say that I should probably get back to studying for finals huh…Ugh.  Later loves.

Questions: What is the best waffle you have ever had?
Do you like fluffernutters?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...