Friday, December 30, 2011

Daily Laugh

After hitting the elliptical for 35 minutes and really sweating I linked up with Jack for a refueling lunch.  He had been working out on the Wii Fit for a while.  I reheated two pieces of pizza that had artichoke hearts, pepperoni, mushrooms, and some variety of white cheese on it.

downsized_1230111357

I also had some plain Chobani mixed with Stevia and crunchy almond butter as a dip for my half a honeycrisp apple.  It was delicious.  P.S. Sorry for all the cell phone pictures.  I haven’t been around my camera a bunch during meal times.

Tonight we’re going to a sushi party tonight with a bunch of friends and instead of bringing sushi fillings we decided to furnish dessert because all of our usual pickings were already taken (like asparagus and cucumber) by other party guests.  So after lunch Jack and I poured on the last layer of our salted chocolate caramel tarts inspired by this recipe.

IMG_5592

Essentially we took the idea and then used our own recipes for the components.  We bought the crust (I would have made it if I had the time and the patience), made caramel by boiling two cans of sweetened condensed milk for 2.5 hours (the BEST way to make caramel ever), and then used the chocolate ganache recipe that Jack found and used for my birthday cake.

IMG_5591

Jack insisted we make two in order to keep up with the number of people.  I sincerely hope they’re good!  We’ll salt the tops before serving.  Yum.

IMG_5594

For now we’re going to help move some old furniture and then we’ll be off to the party.  I hope your Friday night is as awesome as ours is shaping up to be and that your New Years Eve is great too.  I can’t believe it’s about to be 2012!!!!  To make you smile even more, giggle at this –>

Questions: How do you make caramel?
What’s the most unique thing you have ever mixed with yogurt?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...