Sunday, January 13, 2013

Salty/Sweet Sunday

Today was pretty bland.  And, really, this whole weekend has been fairly bland/lonely/[insert downer adjective here].  There are really times when I wish I didn’t live alone.  It’s hard to be by myself for days on end.  Makes me sort of look forward to class tomorrow, if only just to hang out with people, anyone/anything other than my television and laptop.

As for the day, I woke up around 9am and got up rather quickly because I had big breakfast plans: almond joy pancakes.  I used chocolate protein powder, whole grain flour, baking powder, almond extract, and vanilla almond milk.  I then added in some coconut flakes.  I cooked them up silver dollar style and loaded my plate.  The topping of the morning was almond butter mixed with maple syrup.

IMG_0695

Some additional maple syrup was required in the end.  Seriously delicious breakfast though, really.  I honestly love pancakes and its been way too long since I’ve had some.  Well played, Sunday, well played.  Speaking of a certain first day of the week, I headed to church a little after 10:30.  Mass was nice.  We baptized a cute, little, very outspoken outcrying newborn girl.  It was kind of adorable.

After church I came home to more Vampire Diaries and thesis work.  I made some progress though it continually feels like it’s not enough.  The whole presentation needs to be something like 45 minutes and I don’t think what I have now will last that long.  But I also feel like I have said everything I can.  Hopefully my committee can help with the addition of new slides.  After working I got hungry.  My late afternoon lunch included some vegged-out quinoa and a halved chicken sausage dry-fried in a non-stick pan and topped with spicy brown mustard.  Orange on the side for some fruit goodness.

IMG_0697

Nomnom, gotta love the slight caramelization on the sausage with its hint of salt.  Sad, dreary day backlighting though.  It rained like crazy today, so much so that the temperature dropped like a rock and my windows fogged up.  I keep my apartment real warm.  =D  Through the late afternoon I continued to work and watch TV.  I also menu planned a bunch for this week.  I also did an inventory of leftovers in the fridge and started a running tab of how many servings I have left on my fridge’s whiteboard.  I figure this will give me an easy way to eat my extras in a timely manner.

Dinner came in the form of a salad.  They say to eat the rainbow and I’d say I certainly did.  I used a bed of romaine lettuce and chopped up some celery, carrots, yellow and red pepper, mushrooms, onion, grape tomatoes, cranberries, manchego cheese, and southwest ranch dressing.

IMG_0699

I must say that manchego cheese on a salad is pretty darn awesome.  I loved how salty it was in contrast to the cranberries’ sweetness.  For a bit more sweetness, I had a little treat: vanilla cupcake pudding with a giant glob of almond butter. 

IMG_0700

I could honestly probably eat this every day of my life.  Again, the salty AB and sweet pudding just makes a killer combo.  Mmmm, love.  And now, dear readers, I’m off for some one on one time with my visual aids.  I need to work up my new prenatal specific speeches.  Better to do it before than during a session in front of a patient, huh?  Yea, that’s what I thought.  See you all later!

Questions: What’s on your docket for this week?
What would be your ideal nut butter/pudding combo?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...