Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family Fundae

The day started off innocently enough: frozen banana bite topped with homemade cinnamon peanut butter followed by a 2.11 mile run for the Hotter Than Hades Virtual Half-Marathon.  It was really hot out so the run felt sluggish.  Oh well.  I got home and had some puffed wheat and Fiber One honey squares with some nonfat plain yogurt and homemade white chocolate coconut peanut butter.  Loved it and it help to get me to lunchtime.  Jack and I decided to do an early lunch, that is 1:00p instead of 2:30p before I normal head to work, so we could head to Family Fundae!!!!

First off, this event was obviously meant for children and their families but hey, ice cream is for everyone.  With this in mind we headed over to the outdoor event and got ourselves some tickets: $5 for 10 tastes.



We tried all sorts of flavors and shared each other's bites on occasion.  I sampled:
  • Cotton Candy
  • Cookie Dough
  • Cake Batter (twice...I swear it made me want a huge slice of cake)
  • Orange Pineapple
  • Pralines and Cream
  • Reese's
  • DQ Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
  • Superkid (its the crazy colored one above!)
  • Peanut Butter Brownie Crunch
They were all good but the clear winner of the day was:


It had a great flavor and the ribbons of peanut butter running through the ice cream did not hurt at all!  Remember, peanut butter and chocolate were meant to be and this definitely showcased that.







 Because it was 90+ degrees outside some of the ice cream melted so Jack decided drinking it would be the best idea.  Pinkies up!!!
















I was in love with my ice cream.  'Nuff said.
Well that's all for tonight folks.  I had a great time exploring the ice cream world.  Tomorrow's agenda includes kicking my butt at the gym, sushi lunch, accompanying Jack to his chiropractic appointment, dinner with his mom.  Should be fun.  G'night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...