Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pancake Powered Packing!

Like normal, I started the day off with a workout.  I jogged to the gym and was pleasantly surprised to be allowed in again.  The graduate school hadn’t shut down my ID yet so I jumped on to the elliptical for 25 minutes and then hit the weight room.

  • Oblique Twists: 3x70lbs
  • Tricep Press: 3x50lbs
  • Overhead Press: 3x40lbs
  • Seated Leg Press: 3x55lbs
  • Dead Lifts: 3x20lb free weights

I jogged back from the gym, totaling 1.5 miles, and made pancakes because I was hungry and my muscles were screaming PROTEIN PLEASE!!!  I obliged them with these babies:

IMG_2303

Chai Protein Pancakes for One
A DNA and Dessert original recipe.

Ingredients:
45g white/wheat flour mix
15g chai protein powder (Spiru-tein works great!)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Stevia
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)

How to:
1. Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Add milk.  The batter will be a bit lumpy and fairly thick.  If you like thinner pancakes, add water.
3. Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop batter onto a medium-heated skillet and flip when the batter looks congealed.  It will most likely not bubble.
4. Enjoy!  Top with your favorite things.  I used three kinds of homemade peanut butter, some maple syrup, and some chia seeds for extra nutritional oomph.

Now that I have you salivating…how about an ever pressing packing update?!  Just what you wanted, I know, I know.

All lamps with boxes have been taken down and boxed.  The bathroom has been cleared except for those things we use on a daily basis (toothbrushes, etc).  My room is all boxed up and is also playing host to a variety of boxes and such.  I can’t even get out of bed on my side that’s how crowded it is!  The kitchen table has been semi-cleared (kitchen packing en masse is happening on Friday since we need to be able to cook and eat right up until we leave).  All knick-knacks from the top of the entertainment center, minus the wine bottle collection, have been packed.  Living room odds and ends are boxed.

So far so good, though I admit I was not Miss Sunshine while doing all this…

Besides my stellar breakfast, eats for the rest of the day while packing and while at work (second to last day!!!) included a turkey, bacon, and Italian blend cheese melt sandwich; a cereal mess with wheat puffs, Fiber One Honey Squares, rice Chex, and chocolate crispy oats (it was supposed to be mixed with yogurt but I forgot it at home and had to use 2% milk from the fridge at work); a repeat meal of 3 Cheese Hamburger Helper with ground turkey and cauliflower; and homemade fudge.

IMG_2305  IMG_2307

IMG_2308   IMG_2309

It amuses me that I eat mac and cheese with chopsticks and fudge with a spoon.  I think I do it because it makes me eat slower and savor eat bite a lot more.  I will say that guests at the hotel come to the desk while I’m eating dinner and often make funny comments about the chopsticks like “Man, I can’t eat with chopsticks.  You must be so coordinated!”  These at least, if nothing else, make me smile.

Now readers, I’m off to finish up Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness before bed so I can repeat today starting tomorrow morning.  I shall leave you with my fun fact of the day: You can forward your mail by changing your address online at usps.com!  You don’t have to go to the post office.  How’s that for convenient?

Change of Address

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...