Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mac n’ Cheese Kind of Day

What a day…in both a good and a bad way.

Funnies first, shall we?  [Source]

I woke up and started my day with a pickle and a 5K.  The temperature was decent though checking the forecast made me glad I was up running before 10am.

7_26 Weather

This was my third 3+ miler in four days and boy does it feel totally awesome.  I have challenged myself to turn my half-marathon into a full marathon within the same deadline period.  I am at 18.2 miles with an average pace of an 8:49 minute mile.  At this rate, a full marathon shouldn’t be a problem.  I’ll admit it will be cool to do the latter half of it in my brand new city after the move on Saturday.

When I got home I was sweaty and ravenous.  Breakfast was my favorite thing recently: cold oats!  I used chocolate protein powder and the remainder of the strawberries from the fridge.  For some crunch I topped it with cereal and two kinds of peanut butter for protein.  <3

IMG_2294

By the way, that awesome orange cup in the background is indeed as big as it looks.  It holds 32 ounces and I drank two straight after coming back from my run.  Helped to wash down breakfast and rehydrate me after my 3.1 miles.

The rest of the day consisted of some pretty deep talks and some tears.  Emotions have been running really high around here in part due to the move.  Everyone is stressed and things looked bleak today though I recognize it was probably blown out of proportion because of impending events.

Continuing in our mission to clean out the freezer, fridge, and pantry, Jack and I made lunch together.  I had to work at 3p so on days like this when we can’t make dinner as a team, we try and still get a meal in.

IMG_2295

Ground turkey + 3 Cheese Hamburger Helper + broken up raw cauliflower = mac n’ cheese number one on the day!  I spiced it up with chili, garlic, and onion powders and some paprika.  I used to be able to eat meals like this as is but since I’ve been cooking more spices are pretty much my best friends.  Can’t live without ‘em.

I left early to mail a book and get to work on time.  My whole shift was quiet except for feeling sick/hungry pretty much straight from 4-7:30.  I even drank a banana mixed berry smoothie at 5 and it didn’t help.  I hate times like that when you just can’t manage to assuage your stomach.  Finally when it settled on its own, I sprung for dinner: mac n’ cheese number two.

IMG_2298

Let us just say that Jack has a thing for doctoring up boxed Kraft and I have a thing for eating his creations with chopsticks.  This mix had sautéed onions, spinach, and chicken sausage along with a whole range of spices for flavor.  I’m fairly sure sautéed and slightly burnt onions are my FAV addition to cheesy pastas…or anything probably.  It was great though with my stomach being stupid, I was still slightly hungry afterwards.

The quietness continued and after I mopped the floors, I treated myself to a block of my best friend’s signature fudge.

IMG_2299

Confession: In order to make it last longer, I ate this piece in >15 bites.  I savored every single second it.  And promptly wanted more.  Good thing I only packed one piece.

On the whole, today was difficult and little packing progress was made but sometimes you have to go through the hard times to get to the good times.  Let me just keep saying that to myself.  It’ll sink in, I swear.  Have a lovely night everyone and I will catch you tomorrow for Humpday Wednesday!

P.S. This is my first post composed using Windows Live Writer at the recommendation of Miss Julie and her Blog Talk Tuesdays.  At the moment the jury is still out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...