Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome!

For those of you who followed Hills Not Included, welcome to Jill's new blog.  For anyone else, perhaps you're completely new, welcome to DNA and Dessert, a blog that follows the thoughts of a passionate foodie and future genetic counselor.

My name is Jillian, or Jill, and I am in love with food, fitness, and most of all, the field of genetic counseling.  I am about to enter my first year of a Masters in Genetic Counseling program but first I am graduating with my Masters in Bioethics on July 23rd.



I actually just finished my creative project (thesis paper written for a Masters of Arts degree) and submitted it to the graduate school which was a super large accomplishment.  I am in love with the topic and am considering perhaps continuing in this vein for my next Masters thesis.





This morning I ran 2 miles and the outside of my left knee (12-2 o'clock when facing the joint) sort of ached.  It got better the longer I ran and thankfully it was not too warm out yet.  I hate when its so hot out it feels like you're running through water instead of air.  Usually running earlier is better so I was glad to run before 10am.




For a post-run breakfast, I decided to tackle this recipe: Kaiserschmarrn.  It's kind of like a scrambled pancake, or at least that's how you make it.  I was nervous because I wasn't sure I wanted it to taste like a messy pancake and thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised.









Traditionally served with just a dusting of powdered sugar, this breakfast recipe turned out pretty nice.  I wouldn't want it every day but it was a nice switch up.  While I would love to keep talking, I do have work at three and need to take care of some errands before hand so I'm out for now.  Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to follow.  I think it will be fun.  =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...