Monday, July 18, 2011

To Read or not To Read?

Hello one and all!

When I woke up I had a frozen banana bite with some homemade cinnamon peanut butter.  For today's workout, instead of running, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and spent some time in the weight room.

  • Chest Press: 3x40lbs
  • Leg Press: 3x65lbs
  • Calf Press: 3x65lbs
  • Tricep Press: 3x50lbs
  • Oblique Twist: 3x60lbs

I think I'll increase my oblique weight next time I'm at the gym.  Otherwise, this workout felt pretty good though I can feel myself already getting a bit sore.  Post-workout breakfast consisted of a slice of toast topped with refried beans and goat cheese.  Hey, don't knock it till you try it.  It was really, really good.  Plus, we're getting sushi later!!

I have been reading The Help like I mentioned a few days ago.  I have made significant progress because of the quiet hours at work during my last three shifts but I'm still not overwhelmed by it.  The story is good but its not really drawing me in.  However, despite this realization, I keep reading.  I think it comes down to a weird feeling of loyalty toward the book.  I'm within 100 pages of the end so I feel like I will have wasted by time if I don't finish it.  Plus, because everyone has given the book such rave reviews and its a movie coming out in August, I think I REALLY want to like the book.


Question: Have you ever felt like this??  Do you finish books just because you start them or are you a person who is willing to give up on the book if it doesn't grab you right away?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...