Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and PB&C

Who saw Harry Potter last night??


That's right: WE DID and in Real3D too!  Notice the glasses...


Stylish right?  Anyways, we got there around 10:50p and had to sit in the lower section of the theater and I wasn't super pleased with that.  I don't like staring up at a movie but rather straight at it from an upper section seat.  Oh well, once the movie started I hardly noticed or cared.  The Real3D made me a bit nervous as well because the last time I saw something in 3D (Avatar for those that were wondering) I got sick to my stomach.  Perhaps that was because it was also in IMAX but needless to say, I was fine last night and got to just relax and enjoy the show.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, was really good.  The beginning really did drop you straight back into the story line and having not seen Part 1 in a while I was a bit lost for about five minutes, trying to remember everything that had happened and what was yet to come.  Once we settled back into the plot the rest was awesome.  I laughed, I cried (apparently Jack didn't...), and I smiled at the end.  What more could I ask for?  It's hard to believe that the Harry Potter phenomenon is over, essentially.  Wow, I grew up with this series so to see the final installment at 23 years old is incredible.

In other news, yesterday was my day off and we had tons planned.  First up was Jack's chiropractic appointment.  I really do nothing but wait in lobby during these hour long adventures however, I do devour magazines like its my job.


See? 3 Real Simple magazines in 40 minutes.  I spent the rest of the time reading The Help which I started just a few days ago.  Figured it has gotten so much hype, and is now a movie, that I should check it out.  I'm liking it so far but I'm still waiting for it to really grab me.  To be fair, I'm only on page 100 of 450.

After his appointment we visited with some friends and saw their new apartment.  Once dinner time came we hit up Ruby Tuesdays.  The service was annoying (the server was a helicopter, hovering, one minute and then absent the next ten) but the food was good.  I had the Chicken Bella and originally Jack ordered a parmesan shrimp dish which turned out to have cajun shrimp on it so he re-ordered Chicken Parmesan Pasta instead and loved it.  It took us a good 20 minutes to pay because of the server's lack of presence but when we finally got back on the road Jack and I headed home for ice cream before the midnight show.

Before I go any further, let me just explain something to you.  I have a list, we have a list, and its called The Eats List.  It includes any restaurant, cafe, shoppe, etc that we really want to visit.  Its long and it includes both mainstream and little-hole-in-the-wall places but we're slowly working our way through it.  Last night we got a chance to cross one of those places off the list.







We tried out a new place called Grandma Betty's Ice Cream and it was superb.  Jack got two scoops, one each of chocolate moose tracks and buckeye.

















I got two scoops too but of chocolate peanut butter and buckeye.  Can you tell we're fans of peanut butter and chocolate??










Yes, obviously we are.  PB&C is a match made in heaven for sure and we indulge frequently.  Oh yes.  We cleaned our bowls and were super happy as we headed to the theater.


We got to bed around 3am and I woke up at 11am to make some stellar pancakes that would make IHOP jealous!  Recipe tomorrow.  Stay tuned.  =D

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...