Friday, January 13, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Cancelled

The Good –>

Blues in the Nite, a big blues dancing exchange up where Jack lives, starts tonight.  We’re actually about to head off to the welcome dance in a few minutes.  I’m excited to get to dance with a bunch of people I haven’t seen in a while.  Another good thing was dinner tonight: spinach salads topped with a fried egg, crumbled bacon, and honey Dijon dressing.  Delicious!

IMG_5787

Also fantastic was Jack’s cheesecake he made.  It had a plain layer, a pumpkin spice layer, and then a Nutella swirl.  Oh man, give me another piece!

IMG_5789IMG_5790IMG_5791

[The Interesting –>]

Jack and I made an avocado chocolate pudding using avocados, bananas, honey, chocolate protein powder, almond milk and Stevia.  It was quite the new concoction and it had a definite tang from the avocado that I think would be better masked by cocoa instead of chocolate protein powder but the more I ate of it, the more it grew on me.

IMG_5788

The Bad –>

This week has been difficult for me in terms of feeling included, or like I have friends I can go to here in the city.  When I left my undergrad/first master institution and moved, I left my whole social base and now I don’t have a lot of people I can go to.  So when dinner plans get moved, like on Thursday night, and I can’t get a hold of anyone I know to replace those plans, it’s hard.  I have dinner with my DVR and computer every night and that gets old pretty quickly.

The Cancelled –>

After all the anticipation and build-up, my patient on cancelled their appointment.  It was likely weather related because it snowed a bunch the night before but I was disappointed a bit regardless because I was so ready.  I even wore heels and put on eyeliner!  I was pretty happy too because I wasn’t nervous for it.  I felt simply prepared and ready to get my first patient over with.  As it stands, I think I’m the only one of the first years that hasn’t seen someone yet.  Kind of behind but thankfully just because my patient cancelled doesn’t mean it affects my grade, only me experience level.  I’ll make up for it I’m sure.  I am worried however that I am going to be the “cancellation lightening rod” that apparently every class has.  Every year they say there is a student who seems to get all the people who don’t show up.  Let’s hope today wasn’t the start of that trend.

Friday French –>

OLD ONES
Phrase: S'il vous plaît.
Translation: Please.
Story: An essential phrase to have in your repertoire.

Phrase: Merci.
Translation: Thank you.
Story: Another essential phrase to have in your repertoire.

Phrase: Je regrette.
Translation: I’m sorry/I apologize/I regret.
Story: For when you mess up…

NEW ONES
Phrase: J'ai faim.
Translation: I am hungry.
Story: As we all know I LOVE to eat so I use this one a lot.  Literally it translated to “I have hunger” because the French have to be funny and OWN their hunger!  =D

Phrase: Je veux de l'eau.
Translation: I want water.
Story: I drink more water than probably anyone you know so I use this phrase all the time to myself in my apartment when I’m thirsty.

Questions: What are your weekend plans?
How was your first week back at school (if applicable)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...