Sunday, November 27, 2011

Last Day Lemonade

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Today’s lemons = last day of vacation.
Today’s lemonade = great eats!

I hate the final day of vacation.  They always feel like a let down no matter what.

Well, while today was the last day of Thanksgiving break and on the whole it was far from a let down.  The morning was a bit sad, I give you that, since we had to say goodbye to my mom and dad.  I hate doing that especially when I don’t know when I’m going to see them again.  I hope soon but I don’t know at this point.  Maybe spring break or something like that…

Jack and I headed out at 6:30am, bright and early.  We had nutrition bars on the road and Jack quickly nodded off.  I did the next two and a half hours by myself with my iTouch blasting all sorts of music.  I swear I get music ADD.  I was changing the artist and song every other track.  I couldn’t figure out what I wanted!  Finally we reached Louisville and we stopped for brunch at Lynn’s Paradise Café.

IMG_5045IMG_5050IMG_5046IMG_5052IMG_5047

I saw it on the Food Network and swore to myself I would try it out.  Since Jack and I would be passing through, no detour required, I thought this would be the perfect time.  When we arrived at 10:30 there was a 10-20 minute wait but we were actually seated fairly quickly.  After perusing the menu we decided on a breakfast and a lunch selection.  I chose the Bourbon Ball French Toast and Jack ordered the Bourbon Trail Burger with sweet potato fries on the side.

IMG_5048IMG_5051

Let me just say: brace yourself.  The food in the following pictures will blow your mind!

IMG_5053IMG_5056IMG_5054

Both of these dishes were incredible.  I was so lost in my plate of French toast it was all I could do to carry on conversation and not bury my face in it.  Happiness abounded for sure.

IMG_5055

The burger and fries were great too.  The mix of flavors on the burger was something neither of us had ever had before so that was fun and the sweet potato fries had a nice cinnamon spice on them.  I loved the couple bites I had.  Basically, the whole experience was fantastic.  I’m soooooo glad we stopped but with full bellies, we headed the last two hours for home.  On the way we shared a derby pie milkshake we got to go from Lynn’s.

IMG_5059

Sippable deliciousness!

We arrived around 2p and promptly unloaded (unpacked not so much) the car.  We showered and did some work and then headed off to Jack’s mother’s house for dinner.  We hadn’t seen her or her boyfriend in a while so it was nice to catch up.  We had a dinner of bubbly pasta with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and a side of balsamic roasted carrots, onions, and brussel sprouts.

IMG_5060

For dessert we had small glasses of chocolate wine and some (unpictured) oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

IMG_5061

The wine was basically a less acidic version of Baileys.  So essentially, it was a total WIN.  I might need to pick some up soon.  Who knows, I may totally need it in these coming weeks.  The last two weeks of classes and a week of finals… Ugh.

With that, ladies and gentlemen, I am off to bed.  I have not unpacked and all.  I have not done any more work on my role play.  I have not packed for tomorrow.  Blah.  I hope these next few weeks slide by easily.  Here’s hoping!

Questions: Have you ever had derby pie?
How many more weeks of school do you have?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...