Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The A to Z of Me

For tonight, I thought I would kick it and not do homework…not read…but instead do a survey I’ve been reading in a bunch of blogs I read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A is for age: I am 23 going on 24 which my mother saw fit to bring up and get emotional about close to five times this past spring break.  Her baby is all grown up.

B is for breakfast today: I took some of my big batch crockpot steel cut oats and mixed in some mustard once they were warm.  I poached an egg and laid that on top of the oatmeal and shook on a whole bunch of nutritional yeast.  Once in the shuttle on my way to class this morning I broke the yolk and stirred in its rich, creamy goodness.  Delicious!

IMG_6620

C is for currently craving: Cream soda…oh wait, my lovely boyfriend bought me a two case of Zevia.  Problem solved!

IMG_6622

D is for dinner tonight: Sautéed gnocchi with mushrooms, onions, spinach, and liquid smoke infused TVP all tossed in a sweet and sour sauce.  It was pretty good.  I went back to the kitchen and added some onion powder and pepper to tweak it just a bit.  Yum.

IMG_6621

E is for favorite type of exercise: I really like to run.  Wow, I never thought I would say that but I seriously enjoy it.  I love racing too.  It’s great.  Sadly though my shins have other ideas about this whole running thing.  I really want them to get better, to get stronger, to get less sore…because I want to run.

F is for an irrational fear: Spiders, hands-down.  It’s silly, yes.  It’s debilitating, sometimes.  It’s getting easier, maybe.

G is for gross food: I used to have a go-to answer for this questions: glazed carrots.  However, now I am having serious trouble figuring out what to say.  I think gross food at this point would probably be something crazy like pig’s feet or tongue.  Yea, nasty.

H is for hometown: Mmmm, I’m not going to say but I will admit that it is located in a state that starts and ends with “O”.  =D

I is for something important: My schoolwork to become a genetic counselor, my friends, my family, my love…take your pick.

J is for current favorite jam: Stonewall Kitchen’s raspberry peach champagne.

IMG_6623

K is for kids: None though sometimes I called the students that I taught in my first grad program my “kids”.

L is for current location: Again, not something I’m cool disclosing.  However, I am 100% where I need to be currently.  I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

M is for the most recent way you spent money: My local health food store because I stocked up on oat bran, rolled oats, steel cut oats, wheat germ, and TVP. 

N is for something you need: A KitchenMaid mixer, in orange.  Please.  (Okay, so maybe that’s more of a want…)

O is for occupation: I am a genetic counseling student most of the time and a lab tech part of the time.  I have a really cushy job actually.  I come in when I can, zone out and precipitate DNA/spec samples/cleanse pellets, then leave when I need to do patient prep for school.  Plus, they know I’m a student, in fact the PI of my lab is one of my professors, so they don’t care if I need to call off for exams and projects.

P is for pet peeve: Long nails.  Ever since I went to Costa Rica in 2007 to work with a group doing turtle conservation I cannot keep them long.  We had to dig turtle nests in the sand and if you had even a bit of nail, a bit of that white rim, sand would wedge itself underneath.  It was unhappily painful.  Therefore, long nails were a no-no and I have simply continued the tradition.

Q is for a quote: “You are the definition of beauty.” – Unknown

R is for random fact about you: My picture, and therefore my blog, were on page 2 of a Google image search for Zima tomatoes (my answer to the next prompt).  Kind of cool, just sayin’.

image

S is for favorite healthy snack: Sweet grape tomatoes.

T is for favorite treat: Geeze, I can’t pick.  Seriously, just look at the name of my blog.  So, ummm, some of the top contenders would include froyo, brownies, cake, cookies…  Though right now I could go for a spoon and a can of frosting.  =D

U is for something that makes you unique: I will have three higher education degrees by age 24.  P.R.O.U.D.

V is for favorite vegetable: Carrots.  They taste great with ranch and hummus just as well as peanut butter and you can use them in cake (one of my favorite kinds!).  They even make stellar oatmeal.  I would say that’s pretty awesome.

W is for today’s workout: 18 minutes on the elliptical, 18 minutes on the stationary bike, and 20 minutes of Jillian Michael abs.  I did this around 5p and I hadn’t eaten since 12:30 so I was not moving very quickly.  Bad choice.

X is for X-rays you’ve had: Oh Lordie, let me count the films: all my chiropractic x-rays (things like cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine shots); multiple multiple renal and bladder X-rays because of my kidney stones; and then a ton of X-rays of my feet, hands, chest, and hips after my accident.

Y is for yesterday’s highlight: The absolutely gorgeous day.  I walked home from class in the sunshine!

IMG_6616

Z is for your time zone: Eastern standard time, thank you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now that you know a bit more about me I am heading to bed.  I need some sleep before I tackle tomorrow.  I think I’m going to have a beautiful walk to class in the morning and a hot one from class in the afternoon.  It’s supposed to be 80 some degrees.  Craziness!!  Good news though: I have an hour long massage on the Wednesday schedule.  Oh yes, sounds great.  Speaking of sounds though, before I go, I want to share a song by Lifehouse that I listened on my walk home today.  I love this band.

Question: I ask you to do this survey too!

2 comments:

  1. With core workout, women are in a position to goal the different problem areas they might have and gain strength as well. To scale back fats and improve power, core exercises for girls are undoubtedly one thing to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding my blog so that I could find yours, I love it! Looking forward to future posts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...