Monday, February 20, 2012

T-shirt = Scarf???

Today I was crafty…

I know that’s not a term I use to describe myself very frequently but I would say that this afternoon/evening, it qualified.  So I was looking through my Pinterest account this afternoon and I found a website that explained how to make an infinity scarf out of an old t-shirt.  I took one look and had to try it.  With that, I grabbed an old large t-shirt that I never ever wear.  [It was a shirt that had to fit over my winter coat because I wore it during an outdoor campaign for the National Marrow Donor Program’s Be The Match Foundation of which I am a part.]  The website called for an XL or XXL shirt but all I had was a L so I just rolled with it.

IMG_6185

I chopped off the bottom seam.

IMG_6186

Then I sheared off the top section right under the armpits.

IMG_6187

With only a band remaining, I stretched…

IMG_6189

And stretched…

IMG_6188

And stretched it.

IMG_6197

I don’t know how much it helped honestly, thanks to the composition of the shirt, but it worked a bit.  And there you have it, a cute little infinity scarf.

IMG_6196

It was a nice pick-me-up after my long day at work.  I spent four hours alone in the lab doing DNA extraction and back-up segregation.  I was alone because all the full-time employees had a meeting, that unfortunately lasted three hours, and no other hourly people were in today.  Sadness, right?  I even had to have lunch by my lonesome.  Anyways, this craft picked up my spirits and fueled my workout and the rest of my night.  I think I’ll wear my creation tomorrow.  =D  Now I’m off to bed because I have Cancer Genetics at 8am and I still technically have stuff to read…  Whoops.  I should do that right?  Later friends!

Questions: Do you craft?
What do you do when you need a pick-me-up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...