Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIAW: The Lovely Edition

When was the last time you gave a gift just for the heck of it?  For me, the answer was yesterday.  I was thinking of all the people in my life on Valentine’s Day and a certain someone came to mind that may be in need of some single-lady lovin’ on such a romantic day.  Therefore I did what any sane woman would do: I filled a tin full of Nutella single serve packets and dropped it on her doorstep last night.

IMG_6118IMG_6119

Oh yes, it was an epic moment.  She must have thought so too because I got this super cute Facebook post today.

image

Smiles all around I would say!  What a lovely way to start the day.  You know another lovely thing…a What I Ate Wednesday post!  I admit, it’s sadly nearly devoid of veggies.  Sorry, maybe next week.




Food-wise my day kicked off with a chocolate banana breakfast cake topped with peanut butter and chia seeds.

IMG_6120

The rest of the day had more “bits and bobs” of lovely throughout like talking ethics in Psychosocial class plus leftover red curry and rice for lunch along with an apple (eaten while buried in primary literature about benign hypermobility syndrome).

IMG_6122IMG_6124

Bone Dysplasia Clinic in the early afternoon was neat too though fairly cut and dry.  My report basically wrote itself.  So yes, lovely clinic experience followed by a delicious chocolate peanut butter protein bar (again, buried in research on my desk).

IMG_6125

I caught the 4:30 shuttle home and spent the immediate following time working on my confined placental mosaicism/chimera presentation.  When I had a moment to break, and my tummy started to grumble, I went to the fitness center and did 18 minutes on both the elliptical and reclined stationary bike.  I read Whole Living (courtesy of Jack’s mom) while I was getting my sweat on and then came back home for a lovely dinner.  I had two pieces of whole wheat toast slathered with homemade refried beans (thanks to Vera the Vitamix last night and this awesome recipe I will never go back to canned if I can help it!), homemade guacamole (another score from last night’s solo Mexican fiesta), and goat/feta cheese.  I had some buttered lima beans topped with nutritional yeast along with a handful of party mix (generic Chex mix) to round out my dinner.

IMG_6126

This scrumptious fuel kept me going through another two-ish hours of work on my presentation.  I sipped a mug of Yogi Immune Support tea (with a dash of Stevia) and kept plugging away.  I feel pretty good about it, especially considering that I don’t deliver it until the 28th.  Oh, the ambition!  Too bad I have two other ones that are also due on that date or within two days of it…  For a sweet note, I sucked on two pieces of heart chocolate and a Nutella-banana “smudgie”.

IMG_6127

For those of you wondering what a “smudgie” is, let me fill you in.  Take a banana (the riper the better) and mash it with a nut butter/mix in of your choice.  I obviously used Nutella this time but may I just say that Biscoff or Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter is stellar as well.  Sandwich your mash between two graham crackers and immediately freeze.  Enjoy just out of the freezer and I swear it’s like an ice cream sandwich.  Nomnom!
Anyways, I hope your day was all full of lovely like mine.  Tomorrow is all about preclinic conference for Friday’s Medical Genetics clinic so that’s what I’ll be doing all day: patient prep.  I think I need some good sleep to tackle that!  G’night all.

Questions: How was your Valentine’s Day?
What is your favorite Mexican dish?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...