Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sleep or Study

Sorry I’ve been away from the blogosphere for a while.  I have been trying to get more sleep AND stay on top of studying.  Who knew it could take so much time?  Okay, I did, yes, obviously.  It’s not like this is my first time around the block.

Anyways, here’s my quick What I Ate Wednesday post featuring yesterday’s food because somehow there were more veggies in that day than today.  I did have some of the best Indian food of my life tonight though.  So much so that I actually took home quite a bit of the cabbage curry, okra curry, and goat dish from the buffet for leftovers!

IMG_6889

Breakfast yesterday morning was one of my banana pecan coconut oatmeal bakes I made a few days ago topped with peanut butter and maple syrup.  I added my normal chia seeds and then took the flax seed plunge.  Surprisingly, I loved the taste.  I don’t know if it was the whole combo together but this was kind of like eating cake for breakfast.  I’ll never argue with that.

IMG_6879

For lunch I ended up with a spinach hummus and Swiss cheese sandwich along with a side of pretzels, chex mix, and four iced animal crackers.

IMG_6886

Snack was an apple on the way home.

0418121630

Dinner happened in the form of a quick and dirty guacamole (because my poor avocado was threatening to go bad) made with one avocado a spoonful of salsa, a 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, several squeezes of lime juice, along with a healthy pinch (or two) of salt, pepper, onion powder, and cilantro.

IMG_6881

I put that on a tortilla and topped it with taco seasoning rehydrated TVP and the last of the Mexican blend cheese in my fridge.  I grilled it up like a quesadilla and served it with celery/carrots and hummus.  The TVP was unreal.  I need to make more like this soon.  The guac was nice and creamy and there was the slightest hint of cheese.  Nomnom.

IMG_6882IMG_6883

I know that was quick but my bed is screaming for me.  I need more sleep…after I finish translating this powerpoint on my lap into study-able material.  Hopefully I’ll post tomorrow because I have some fun things to share.  Have a great night.  Only two days left of the week!

Questions: What is your favorite Indian dish?
How do you make your guacamole?

2 comments:

  1. yay! glad to see a post from you! i love love love indian food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to try those oatmeal bakes! I LOVE cake, and if it's for breakfast that's even better :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...