Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Sunshine & Survey

This morning was a church morning that started off with breakfast service.  On special was a blueberry blintz casserole.  There were also eggs and sausage like normal plus yogurt, cereal, OJ, milk, and bananas.  I tried the dregs of the eggs (I had to scrape the pan!) and a slice of blintz casserole.  I loved the blueberry flavor along with the mascarpone cheese in the dish.  I also had an unpictured slice of coffee cake and half a freshly glazed donut while I was doing dishes before service.

IMG_6872

11am mass was nice and they announced that they’re starting something called Home Eucharist.  Basically four times over the Easter season various people will be getting together in the homes of some of our parishioners to break bread (take communion) and break bread (have a communal dinner).  I think it’ll be a really intimate way to get to know some more people at my church.  I’m looking forward to going to one Home Eucharist soon.

On my way home I relished the chance to walk in the sunshine.  It was an incredibly gorgeous morning/early afternoon.  I couldn’t get enough of those stellar rays!

IMG_6873

When I got home I ended up doing some baking for the interviewee dinner tonight.  I made a small army of peanut butter Oreo stuffed brownies to go along with last night’s white chocolate coconut marshmallow cookies for those allergic to chocolate (poor Julie!).  Man does my apartment smell awesome.

IMG_6875

After I finished up the brownies, I met up with Sarah for some froyo.  I had a BOGO coupon and needed a “date” so I decided to pick someone I didn’t know as well to expand my social circle.  I was so engrossed in conversation actually that I totally spaced taking a picture of my cup!  I had praline/peanut butter swirl with some pretzels and Oreo crumbs then a layer of cookies & cream/white chocolate mousse swirl topped with Reese’s, cookie dough, cheesecake, whipped cream, caramel, and hot fudge.  Crazy, I know, but I loved every bite.  I also had a cherry on top because it wouldn’t be a sundae without it!  Sarah and I had some great conversation and I feel like I know her a lot better.  I love getting to know new friends.

Now I think I’ll get my survey one before I head out to pick up some interviewees!  I originally saw this on Julie’s blog this morning and thought it looked like fun.

10 favorite musical artists:

  • Green River Ordinance
  • Parachute
  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Lifehouse
  • All American Rejects
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Hit The Lights
  • Miranda Lambert
  • One Direction (guilty pleasure)
  • Train

9 things in your purse:

  • Wallet
  • Camera 
  • Cell phone
  • Keys
  • Coupons
  • Gum
  • Emergency honey roasted peanuts 
  • Chapstick
  • iTouch

8 places you want to visit:

  • Hawaii 
  • The Maldives 
  • Tahiti
  • India
  • Jamaica (again!)
  • Rome
  • England
  • Brazil

7 movies you love:

  • Love & Basketball
  • Save The Last Dance
  • The Island
  • Serenity
  • The Hunger Games
  • Miss Congeniality
  • Ever After

6 favorite hobbies:

  • Swing dancing 
  • Cooking
  • Baking (and sometimes nibbling along the way)
  • Lazy crafting 
  • Trying out new restaurants (or froyo joints!)
  • Working out

5 favorite fruits/vegetables:

  • Apples
  • Carrots (especially with peanut butter)
  • Orange peppers
  • Blueberries 
  • Raspberries

4 favorite colors to wear:

  • Orange
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Black (because it goes with everything, period)

3 things that stress you out:

  • Weight/food/body image
  • Classes/academics
  • Establishing social circles in a new city

2 things you say too much:

  • “Sure”
  • “I’m sorry”

1 favorite dessert:

  • Frosted wedding cake a la mode!

With that, my friends, I’m off to dinner.  It should be a great night.  Have a lovely Sunday evening.  I’ll see you tomorrow for the start of another week!

Challenge: Do this survey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...