Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Case Prep Complexities

It’s Tune Tuesday!  Are you ready for the song?

This is a great one to walk it out to.  I listened to it this morning.  Speaking of which, breakfast was a repeat of yesterday, a delicious repeat at that.

IMG_3317

I made my Protein Packed Breakfast Cake with some vanilla protein this morning and again topped it with homemade sunbutter and maple syrup.  This sucker kept me full all the way through Foundations class and my shopping trip with Julie.  Because I don’t have a car at this time, she drove me to Target to get some things and she used that time to visit her favorite earring store.  Win-win!

This is the loot I picked up:

IMG_3321

Everything from olive oil to replace my stores and lentils (for a meatloaf coming soon!) to macaroni and cheese and whole peeled tomatoes (for a curry recipe I really want to try).  Happy news: these suckers were free thanks to some awesome coupons:

IMG_3323

And this lovely lady was a $2 splurge to reward myself for being so on top of things throughout the first week of classes.

IMG_3322

I love saffron but it’s bloody expensive so this seemed like a nice compromise.  After putting everything away, I got changed and went over to work out for a bit.  I did 18 minutes on the elliptical and 18 minutes on the bike.  Toward the end of my time in the fitness center, a young lady came in wearing a leotard, an off the shoulder oversized sweatshirt, a baseball cap almost down over her eyes and so much perfume I was having trouble breathing across the room.  She got on the treadmill and just walked at 2.5mph.  Oh my, what was the point?

When I got home and showered, I grabbed a vanilla peanut butter green monster with a side of animal crackers and pretzels for lunch.

IMG_3320

Don’t you just love the color of the smoothie??  I know I do and I felt so virtuous downing it because I was getting some veggies too.

After eating, I decided that tackling the whole boatload of homework we were assigned would be the most adult thing to do.  I read two papers, an 86 page chapter, and started working on a case prep outline.  I’m nervous about the last part of that list because I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing.  It’s on the second week and I hate feeling like that.  Grrr.  Hopefully tomorrow, while all the first years are working on their assignments in the student room, we can work it out together.  Please cross your fingers!

Dinner was slipped into a break in the 86 page chapter and it was all sorts of comfort food.  I sautéed onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and some left over petite diced tomatoes.  I also chunked up some fire roasted red pepper and onion chicken sausage and threw that in the sauté pan as well.  On the side I made a batch of macaroni and cheese.

IMG_3324IMG_3325

I then took these two and combined them for an amped up cheesy dish.  I added onion/garlic/chili powders in the mix as well.

IMG_3327

This is a great dinner and it makes three massive portions so I have leftovers to boot!  Can’t beat that with a stick.

I ended up going back to do more homework after dinner (and I’m still doing some now as I blog) so my next break consisted of dessert.  You know me, I wasn’t about to miss out on sweets.  I made a ooey gooey single serve brownie to start.

IMG_3328

Then I added on homemade chocolate peanut butter banana “ice cream” made in Vera (just frozen banana blended with chocolate PB2 and a touch of salt), M&Ms, torn up marshmallows, and chocolate syrup.

IMG_3330

The fun part was the brownie because it’s middle is just like warmed up batter it turns out soooooo gooey.  Love!

IMG_3332

This has picked up my mood for a bit, which is good because this assignment is getting to me.  I just want to do it right.  I should probably get back to it actually.  But before I go, I wanted to share something scrumptious with you.  I ran across this in a magazine today while waiting on someone.

IMG_3319

Guess what those are.  Red Velvet Pancakes.  Yes, please, this weekend maybe?  I can’t wait to try those!  Just let me at ‘em!!  Well, with that mouthwatering morsel on your mind, I take my leave.  Ehler-Danlos Syndrome Type I is calling me, again…

Questions: Have you ever had an assignment that has really bothered you?  What did you do to work through it?

1 comment:

  1. Alright, I'm gonna have to make that single serve brownie thing. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...