Saturday, August 27, 2011

SunButter Saturday

Welcome to the weekend!

I actually slept until 9:30 this morning, which is a record for the past 6 days, so I woke up super refreshed.  Upon waking up I did some quick job searching and tutor profile polishing before snacking on a Turkish apricot and heading to the fitness center.

IMG_3248

At the gym I did 18 minutes on the elliptical and 18 minutes on the stationary reclined bike.  I watched The Millionaire Matchmaker to pass the time and ended up burning some 320 calories.  It felt great and I was pleased that I wasn’t incredibly sore after my 5K run yesterday.

When I got home, I decided I was in desperate need of sunflower butter for the breakfast I was thinking I wanted to make.  To rectify this situation I whipped out Vera and whirled 3 cups of sunflower seeds to a delectable butter.

IMG_3250

I love how warm the butter is when it comes out of the container after being freshly made.  While I was creating this happy concoction I kept track on my white board and then finished my calculations to see how many calories/gram the product was.

IMG_3254

Finally, I bottled the creamy product and got started on breakfast.  The menu, you ask?  French toast cooked in coconut oil topped with fresh sunbutter, banana slices, chia seeds, and maple syrup.

IMG_3256IMG_3258

It was incredibly delectable.  The remaining bits of the batter I didn’t use got scrambled and made a nice accompaniment.  I loved this breakfast.

I showered and just hung out for a while because I had already gotten the vast majority of my homework done yesterday.  Later in the afternoon I decided to read an optional homework chapter on patient education.  A fuji apple and some sunbutter accompanied my reading session.

IMG_3259

When I finished my chapter I gravitated to my desk to tackle my medical terminology list.  It consists of 85 terms we will be indirectly responsible for because they will show up on tests and in diagnoses and medical records.  Some of those words were tough but the whole assignment was really interesting.  I learned a bunch.

IMG_3264

By the time I completed by 85th word, it was time for dinner.  It was easy tonight, just leftovers.  I reheated some lasagna and the last garlic roll.

IMG_3260

It tasted yummy especially since I added a bit of pepper in between the pasta.  It definitely helped.  For the rest of the evening I laid about and vegged out to some TV.  Sweet Home Alabama was on for the second time so I watched the parts I missed and then Titanic came on.  I’m not a huge fan of either movie but what I was really craving wasn’t on.  I want an old school Disney channel movie.  What ever happened to Zenon, Motocrossed, The Thirteenth Year, and all those classics?? 

I began to develop a craving for chocolate cake and I remembered this recipe that I had been meaning to try.  I figured tonight was the perfect night to do so.  I made a half batch and baked it in a 9 inch round pan.  It didn’t rise pretty much at all but I rectified that by layering a few pieces with whipped frosting, peanut butter filled pretzels, and marshmallows.

IMG_3270

As if triple layered chocolate cake wasn’t enough, I added a side of ice cream and chocolate sauce with sprinkles for fun!

IMG_3271

I must say that this was the best dessert I have had in a long time.  Despite the cake not rising it was a bit fluffy and it had great flavor.  Also, the icing put me over the top.  I rarely ever have it in my apartment so it made me super happy.  What an awesome way to end the night.

My plans for the rest of the evening consist of finishing Titanic, clearing the DVR of a show or two, then sleep.  It honestly doesn’t feel like a Saturday.  It feels like a Sunday so to have tomorrow off as well is like a little gift.  I think I’m going to have to adjust to this three day weekend (Friday-Sunday) thing though it won’t be like this all the time.  On some Fridays I have clinic observations that I’ll be attending but even so, most of those are strictly morning functions so I’ll be done by lunchtime. 

Good night, sleep tight!

Questions: What is the best dessert in your recent memory?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...