Saturday, May 26, 2012

Terrific Truffle

I love sunny days.

I love shopping days.

I love days with new food.

I love days that end with froyo.

Today, was all of those!  So naturally it was a very good day.  Jack and I spent the afternoon walking around a strip mall around my hometown.  We popped in and out of clothing stores buying Jack some new staples for his wardrobe and I picked out an on-sale sweater for cheap.  When we got a bit hungry we stopped at Bar Louie’s for lunch.  First up was the truffle butter popcorn with parmesan and parsley to knock the edge off our rumbling tummies.

IMG_7519

Damn, this was so great. No, even better, it was scrumptious.  When we finished the bowl I may or may not have rubbed my fingers all over the bottom for the last of the truffle butter.  It was that tasty.  Next up were our sandwiches.  Jack had the Chicago Stockyard with peppercorn, parmesan-blue cheese, mushrooms, romaine, onion, tomato and worcestershire sauce on a chicken breast.

IMG_7521

My lunch was the bacon and fried egg sandwich with swiss, lettuce, tomato, and maple mustard mayo on multi-grain bread.  Holy crap!  I cannot explain the awesomness of that condiment.  I need to start mixing maple syrup, mustard, and mayonnaise.  It made the sandwich, hands-down.

IMG_7520

I will say though, the one thing that would have put the sandwich over the top would have been a broken yolk.  It was cooked all the way through and that was alright but that creamy yolk would have been the best thing ever.

IMG_7522

Basically lunch was fantastic, really.  We continued to shop afterwards, now fueled and full. More clothes were bought, stores were perused, prices were prohibitive.  You know, same old, same old.  The chance to walk around outside was what really made the afternoon nice.  Much better than a traditional mall visit, I think.  On our way out to my car we stopped at Menchie’s for some yogurt goodness.

IMG_7524

In my cup was coffee, peanut butter, red velvet, and dulce de leche frozen yogurt with all manner of toppings from caramel and Reese’s to Cinnamon Toast Crunch and cheesecake.  It was the perfect end to the perfect afternoon. =D

Questions: How do you like your yolk in your egg sandwiches?
Ever had truffle butter before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...