Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let’s Lift

Long story short: I studied.  I won’t bore you with those details but how about some specifics on my workout today?  Yea, let’s do that instead.

I hit up the cardio room first to do some ellipticizing for 30 minutes.  I then moved to the weight room to get my interval on.  I used this workout's structure but I mixed up the exercises.  Here’s how it looked:

  • 30x Chest press
  • 30x Leg extensions
  • 30x Exercise ball crunches
    ____________________________________
  • 30x Bicep/Olympic press
  • 30x Walking lunges with donkey kicks
  • 30x Inverted pikes/inverted roll-ins
    ____________________________________
  • 30x Tricep dips
  • 30x Squats
  • 30x Oblique twists

I’ll admit I was pretty exhausted by the end of it.  My legs were killing me.  I think some of that had to do with being really hungry before I even started doing anything in the fitness center.  I was more than ready for dinner by the time I was done.  I had been debating the whole time whether I was going to have a salad or carbs for dinner.  I fought back and forth and finally I settled on carbs.  I really wanted starch.  I boiled some gnocchi and added it to wilted spinach and chicken sausage.  I tossed it all with some tomato sauce mixed with sour cream and added some parmesan cheese on top.

IMG_7119

Served over top of cytogenetics notes

Basically it was perfect and honestly just what I wanted.  I’m glad I didn’t take the “safe route” and eat salad.  Don’t get me wrong, I love salad and it’s awesome but I know it’s low in calories and I had already had pizza for lunch.  So I was a bit worried about having another serving of carbs for dinner.  I’m glad that I stuck with my gut though.  I wanted carbs and they were uber satisfying when I let myself have them.

Anyways, now I’m off to do watch The Biggest Loser finale I DVRed.  I need to know who wins!  I have a feeling but we’ll see if I’m right.  Have a great night!  Before you go, for Tune Tuesday, feel the love and listen to another great Glee song –>

Questions: What is your favorite weight room exercise?
How do you feel about The Biggest Loser finale?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...