Saturday, October 8, 2011

What A Weights Day

I must say I am looking forward to this weekend.  I don’t really have much homework and the week ahead looks a bit nicer than the last two.

To kick this shindig off this morning I woke up and grabbed a frozen banana bite out of the freezer before throwing on workout clothes and heading to the fitness center.  For a workout today I hit the weight room first.  I decided to do three circuits.  Each was done three times through, 10 reps each.  First set:

  • Bicep curls with 10lb dumbbell in each hand
  • Tricep dips under own weight
  • Squats with 10lb dumbbell in each hand

Second set:

  • Dead lifts with 10lb dumbbell in each hand
  • Push ups
  • Lat pulls with 40lbs resistance
  • Woodchops with 10lb dumbbell, both sides each rotation

Third set:

  • Standing butterflies with 5lb dumbbell in each hand
  • Standing rows with 8lb dumbbell in each hand
  • Jumping jacks (20 each rotation)

After starting my sweat, I did some cardio in the form of 25 minutes on the elliptical followed by 25 minutes on the reclined stationary bike.  My workout companion was Teen Mom while I was ellipticizing (yes, I made up that word) and Julie&Julia while on the bike.  I’m really liking the book.  It has a very flippant attitude which makes for an interesting read.

When I got back to the apartment I showered and set to making some apple pie pancakes.  Instead of using all flour I used a 50/50 split of whole wheat flour and unsweetened vanilla protein powder.  I followed the rest of the recipe closely and ended up adding 1/6th of a cup of water at the end to thin out the batter.  Despite that addition they still turned out super thick and chunky.

IMG_3974

I topped them with melty Biscoff and maple syrup.  I also sprinkled some chia seeds on top for extra oomph.

The following afternoon consisted of laundry (I waited a half hour for a dryer…) and reading articles on grief and the processing thereof for Communications class on Monday.  Lunch then snuck it’s way in there in the form of a piece of toast smeared with a microwaved poached egg (perfect runny yolk after 60 seconds at 80% power) and a bit of creole seasoning.  This was accompanied by sesame sticks, plantain crunchers, honey twist pretzels, dried Turkish apricots, and a pickle.

IMG_3975IMG_3976

I had an Oreo too just to satisfy the sweet tooth voice that was nagging at me.

IMG_3977

Later in the day I ran across this gem and thought I would share:

Amen.

Dinner happened in front of the TV playing the second episode of Terra Nova.  Love this show so far, by the way.  I’ll admit 7 out of 7 days of the week I eat dinner with my TV or computer.  It’s kind of getting old.  I crave socialization so having last night out was great though it was back to the norm this evening.

IMG_3978

Leftover pizza was again on the menu with a side of leftover peas and carrots dusted with onion and garlic powders.  Don’t worry, the pizza is almost gone though so if you’re sick of pictures of it by now, just hang in there a little longer.  Dessert came in two parts: a s’more made with the 71% dark chocolate I bought yesterday and then a bowl of rocky road, birthday cake, and moose track ice cream with a crumbled Oreo and chocolate/caramel sauce.

IMG_3979IMG_3980

The s’more was DIVINE!  I can’t get over this awesome dark chocolate.  The flavor is just so much more intense to me than standard milk varieties.  <3  The ice cream was the perfect cool treat to end the day.  Now onto Survivor episodes courtesy of the DVR.  I’ll probably hit the sheets early to read some more of Julie&Julia and to get some sleep before parish breakfast tomorrow.

Questions: Do you prefer dark or milk chocolate? If dark, how dark?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...