Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Seasons 52 Experience

Tonight was a genetics kids reunion and a Taste of the Big City!

Jack and I met up with three of my old genetics club kiddos for dinner to spend some time and catch up.  We went to Seasons 52 which is this great farm-to-table restaurant that boasts a menu where every plate is under 475 calories, including desserts!

IMG_4564IMG_4565IMG_4566

We were seated at a great round table and immediately started perusing the gorgeous seasonal menu.  We decided to split an appetizer to start:

S52 MushroomsIMG_4567

I then chose a dish I had been hearing superb things about:

S52 ScallopsIMG_4568

Jack chose a meat dish:

S52 FiletIMG_4569

May I just say that the dishes were great??  I got six scallops on my dish (almost unheard of!) and they had a very light sauce on top.  They could have used a bit more seasoning though the caramelization on the outsides was delicious!  Jack’s steak originally came rare when it should have come cooked medium so we sent it back and when it got back to the table it was cooked perfectly and he scarfed it down.

When it came time for dessert we checked out the mini indulgences.

IMG_4572

Apparently this restaurant is actually they one that pioneered the shot glass dessert craze.  Cool.  I chose the pecan pie with vanilla mousse and Jack got the classic red velvet cake.

IMG_4573IMG_4574

I could have easily eaten seven.  =D 

The night was a success for sure since we all basically couldn’t stop laughing the whole time.  One of the best moments of the night: Anna’s tiny espresso cup.

IMG_4576

She said it made her feel like a giant!  We giggled.  We hugged.  We wished each other well and made a pact to do it again sometime.  I cannot wait.  They are fantastic people.  Love them to death.

Question: How do you feel about the 475 calories/plate concept?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...