Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cheeseburgers Anyone?

[Beware: semi-random post ahead.]

The past two days have been centered around that all-American treat: the cheeseburger.  To be honest it was completely an accident but it was a scrumptious one at that.  Last night, Friday, Jack and I decided to grab a stuffed-crust pizza for old times sake.  We used to eat them every visit early in our relationship so it always takes us back.  We were standing in the aisle looking at the flavors to choose from and we settled on this bad boy:

IMG_3602

Who were we to refuse?  We stuck it in the oven and ended up with this bubbling beauty after 22 minutes.

IMG_3604

We split the pizza in half and I ate three of my four slices.

IMG_3605

They were bacony, chewy, cheeseburgery, and all together beyond yummy.  I loved the crust the best because it was stuffed with cheddar.  It was just salty enough to taste like heaven but not so much to turn you off.  Awesome is what I say, definitely.

Today we had a date night that also involved cheeseburgers but this time in a more conventional form.  We hit up Five Guys.  I ordered a Little Cheeseburger (aka one patty) and he got a Cheeseburger (aka two patties).  I loaded mine with grilled onions/mushrooms, green peppers, pickles, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard.

IMG_3618

I wish you could understand and appreciate how great this burger was.  The whole thing is a flavor explosion.  Pretty much 99% of the time this is the only place I want to have a cheeseburger from.  Ever.

We also split an order of fries.  Believe me, it was plenty for two.  We dipped in ketchup and a bit of malt vinegar.

IMG_3619

One of the cool things about Five Guys is their design.  They hang all of their praise on the walls.

IMG_3615

They even tell you where your fries came from (and it changes almost daily!).

IMG_3617

Now, despite what you may be thinking, cheeseburgers were not the only food consumed in the past 48 hours.  Other eats included a turkey, Munster cheese, southwestern mustard, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with a side of peach Chobani topped with strawberries.

IMG_3610IMG_3611

Dark chocolate cookie for an afternoon treat.

IMG_3613

Catered taco lunch (which I turned into a taco salad lunch) at the genetic counseling conference I attended on Friday.  Dessert of German chocolate cake which was worth every, single, delightful bite.

IMG_3590

Strawberry Chobani eaten while creating a role play plan of attack.

IMG_3614

Apricots with hummus in the car.

IMG_3598

Dessert twice over of a peanut butter and Oreo stuffed brownie paired with chocolate moose tracks and cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce.

IMG_3606

Now let me explain these awesome creations.  I sent a recipe to Jack that I ran across one night and he took it upon himself to make these stuffed brownies for me.  In fact, he left one for me by the door so when I arrived in town I would have a lovely surprise.  He also left the network key so I could get on the internet.  What a guy!

IMG_3599

Man, these are just as good at the pictures lead me to believe.  I could eat the whole entire batch of them, easily.

IMG_3601

Mmmmm, wow, yum, awesome, delish, there aren’t enough words…

In terms of fitness these past two days: Friday was a rest day because 1) I had worked out the previous 6 days in a row and was due for one and 2) I literally had no time seeing as I was out the door at 7:30, at breakfast with Ashley by 8, genetic counseling conference by 9, chiropractic appointment by 2:45, and to Jack’s apartment by 5.

My breakfast date saw some pretty intense wheat pancakes, egg whites, bacon, and fruit consumption.

IMG_3588

Ashley chowed down on biscuits & gravy along with some pancake puppies.

IMG_3589

Keeping with the fitness theme, this morning I welcomed Saturday was a 3.4 mile run including the last minute at 8mph.  It felt great.  I also did weights today in circuit fashion.  Each of these was done three times rotating between each:

  • Tricep Dips: 10 reps under own body weight
  • Bicep Curls: 10 reps done w/ 10lb dumbbells
  • Weighted Squats: 10 reps done w/ 10lb dumbbells
  • Standing Weighted Oblique Crunches: 10 reps done w/ 10lb dumbbell/side

I then also did some piked crunches, roll-ups, and mountain climbers with a core exercise ball.  I was super sweaty afterwards but it felt great.  I always feel so accomplished after a long run.  My race is in two weeks too so I am all sorts of ready.

Word to the wise: eat yogurt before the expiration date, especially if it has fruit in it.  Two peach Chobanis had managed to ferment in Jack’s fridge.

IMG_3607IMG_3608

They were bowed and all puffed out and when we opened them (just for the heck of it, not to eat) you could hear the hiss of the gas escaping and then you could see the vent along the side of the yogurt where the gas had pushed its way around.

IMG_3609

Half gross, half funny.  We threw them away in case you were legitimately wondering.

In other news, I had a massage on Friday.

IMG_3591

Now, allow me to enlighten you on just how happy I was.

IMG_3592

Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is soooooo my kind of thing.  Heaven.

With that I leave you.  I need sleep and I have a lot of stuff to sort out and assimilate overnight, namely and completely my whole role play plan of attack.  T-minus one day.  Just keep breathing.

Question: Are you a fan of cheeseburgers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...