Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waging War

Welcome to What I Ate Wednesday!

Because I’m up to my knees in work, I’m going to be brief tonight.

Breakfast was some awesome pumpkin chai oatmeal.  I used a half/half mix of oatmeal and oatbran along with chia seeds, pumpkin (the last bit of my singular can), chai latte protein powder, stevia, a pinch of salt, plus some cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg/allspice.

IMG_3569

I topped it with coconut butter and maple syrup.  Loved it and it was the best way to use up the last bit of my pumpkin.

From the moment I arrived in the student room and for the rest of the day, my willpower waged war on this box of bad boys:

IMG_3570

At school, after a Communications class that was cut short by a fire drill, I worked a whole bunch on my case prep for Monday and ate a turkey, gouda, and dijonnaise sandwich.

IMG_3571

On the side was Bold Chex Mix, dark chocolate espresso beans, caramel apple candy corn, and 2 mello crème pumpkins.

We had Human Genetics in the afternoon and on my way home post-class I snacked on a Mojo bar in the flavor peanut pretzel.

I like this one when I’m craving salty things. The pretzels meld so well with the peanut butter and there is just enough crunch.

I managed to avoid the rain until about one block from my apartment complex.  Luckily it only spit as I made my way into the lobby.  It rained fairly hard later when I was doing my 30 minutes of elliptical training in the fitness center.  When I got home I made dinner.  Leftover mania I tell you!

IMG_3574

I used up another serving of broccoli macaroni and cheese along with the last of the lentil meatloaf.  The lone addition: homemade BBQ sauce.

Confession: While that was heating up I totally snagged a pickle.

IMG_3573

As if my willpower hadn’t been called on enough today, I again waged war but this time it was on more homework I had to finish. A shower came next (a bit delayed, right?).  Finally, the creation of visual aids for my Monday role play was the last task to tackle.  Then dessert, finally.

I started with a s’more.  Seems to be my favorite thing lately.

IMG_3576

Then I had a bowl of Blue Bell Kentucky Delight and Birthday Cake along with some Moose Tracks as well.  Chocolate syrup and sprinkles finished it off.

IMG_3577

That’s it for tonight ladies and gentlemen.  Tomorrow is my long Thursday and I have yet to make my lunch or plan my day out and make sure I have everything I need.  I’m going to jump on that now.

Question: What did you eat this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with a lil splurgin'!
    sesspecially when its on something as delish as these treats!
    mmm, i used to loveee mello creme pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel apple candy corn? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...