Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Neverending List

Today was the day of homework, homework, and more homework.

I woke up at 9 and took care of some e-mails and such before Jack rolled out of bed.  We suited up and headed out for breakfast before Jack would leave for home.  Prior to leaving in our separate cars, we both had some things we needed to do.  On my list: installing my permanent license plates!!  They came in the mail on Thursday.


The back license plate cover came off with just my fingers working their magic but the front plate cover was screwed on too tight so I had to improvise.  Currently our parking garage is being added onto so there were construction guys everywhere.  I asked if one of them had a screwdriver and lo-and-behold THEY DID!  One guy pulled off the front cover, I slipped in the new plate, and he ratcheted it back onto the front of my car.  Mission accomplished!

Jack had to check his tire pressure.  I’m assuming it went well because we both made it to IHOP alright.  We were greeted by this sight:


Oh my.  It was not even 10 in the morning!  Can you say “walk of shame”??  I can, and I may have under my breath once of twice.  I giggled too.

For nourishment we ordered two breakfasts and split them up.  We both ended up with two strips of bacon, a pork sausage link, half a serving of hash browns, and two eggs (we both got ours scrambled).  We also split a two-stack of buttermilk pancakes with apple compote and a two-stack of New York cheesecake pancakes with strawberry compote.


On the whole I wasn’t impressed.  The buttermilk pancakes were so-so and the NY cheesecake ones didn’t really taste any different.  The eggs were overly bland (pepper couldn’t even save them) and the hash browns were somewhere between almost cooked and soggy.  The bacon was probably the best part.  I think I’ll stick to Denny’s for breakfast out and about.

During breakfast we ran a Gas Buddy search to figure out where we could fill-up (me) or top-off (Jack) our tanks for cheap.  Not two miles down the road was a Speedway with gas for $3.21 a gallon.  To give you a reference: most gas stations were selling for anywhere between $3.35 to $3.40 a gallon.  Score!

By the way, my car got 37 miles to the gallon even when subjected to city driving and rush hour traffic shenanigans.  Awesome.

When I got home I went right to work on my giant list of homework.


I read first and was able to cross of the Monday assignment.  I then finished my first draft of my patient letter due Wednesday and I made my way through about 2/3rds of the MedGen report due on Thursday.  After all this I realized I had worked up an appetite.  At 3:30 I snacked on a piece of toast covered in Nutella and pear slices.  I had the rest of the pear on the side.


So you know Nutella and pear is a pretty darn combo.  Try it sometime.

I continued to work more throughout the afternoon tackling more MedGen report categories and my dysmorphology presentation.  It took me a few hours but I made significant progress.

Dinner was a treat.  I had a salad with red leaf lettuce, carrot, celery, red onion, green pepper, and orange tomato.  I used brown sugar baked beans on top instead of dressing.  It worked well.


I watched the season premiere of the Biggest Loser on DVR while I ate.  Then I went back to the homework pile for another hour (that’s really all I could talk myself into at that point).  By the time I finished two prenatal reports I was really wiped out.

To relax, I watched both of the new Grey’s Anatomy episodes and then crashed on the couch with dessert.  Part one was a variety bowl of a few orange M&Ms, Reese’s pieces, caramel apple candy corn, and mello-crème pumpkins.


A bit later I had a Reese’s s’more.



In other exciting news, tomorrow is parish breakfast at church and Wine at the Line is in one week!!!!  I’m pumped and ready.

Question: Do you have a favorite s’more version you like best?


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...