Friday, September 2, 2011

Can’t Stop Moving

This morning I woke up at 9a and got my run on.  First I snacked on a dried Turkish apricot with some homemade sunbutter.


When I got to the fitness center, I claimed a treadmill and decided to go for a long run.  I set the incline to 1.5, speed to 6.5mph, and ran for 30 minutes.  At the end of the run portion I had gone 3.23 miles.  Awesome.  Then I did a cool down of five minutes at 4.3mph and an incline of 4-6 varied by minute.  Overall, I went 3.56 miles and burned 372 calories.  It felt amazing.

In addition to cardio I went to the weight room for the first time in the accident.  I took it slow and backed off on most of the weight I had been doing before my forced vacation.  Today I did the following:

  • Lat Pulls – 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs
  • Rows – 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs
  • Chest Press – 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs? (this machine doesn’t have actual weights marked on it which is annoying so  just put the pin under three of the weight blocks)
  • Standing Oblique Side Crunch – 3 sets of 10 each side with 10lb dumbbells
  • Bicep Curls – 3 sets of 10 with 10lb dumbbells
  • Tricep Dips – 3 sets of 10 under my own body weight

Back at the apartment I busted out a new whole wheat pancake recipe.  I normally don’t use eggs in my pancakes but this time I obeyed the ingredient list and they turned out stellar, fluffy, and light.  I made a half recipe but that still made 6.5 pancakes so I had three and kept the rest for leftovers.


On top I used the last of my coconut white chocolate peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some chia seeds to give them some oomph.  Delicious indeed.

I spent the early afternoon doing chores around the apartment.  I vacuumed the whole place and then mopped the kitchen and bathroom.  I also cleaned the counters.  Aside from chores, I visited the business center to print off some syndrome fact sheets to facilitate both of my presentations this semester.

By the time three rolled around I was getting a bit hungry so I made a single lady vanilla protein white chocolate chip muffin and let it cool.  While it was on the counter I read a chapter for class about family histories.


A half hour later I mixed some plain fat free yogurt with green grapes and crumbled the muffin over top.  It may not look the prettiest but the flavor was spot on.

The homework continued after my snack, along with a bit of a nap, and I finished drawing my family’s pedigree all pretty and in proportion.  It took me about half an hour.  In a session you don’t have that kind of time.  I need more practice.  I need to be faster.

While I was waiting on Jack I got hungry and munched on a pickle…


…only to have him walk in not three seconds later.  He put down his stuff and we headed over to the food truck festival.


We scored free tickets at the last food truck event, Taste of the Trucks, we went to so we got to skip the $5 entrance fee per person.  We scoped out a few trucks and I stopped dead when I saw the Fat Sammie’s truck menu.












Yes please.  We got one to share.  I went over to stand in line at a pizza truck and Jack stayed to collect the goods only to find that the lady had forgotten to take our name for the order so he had to prompt them and it took longer than it should have.  However, I must say it was worth the wait.  This baby was great.


The next sampling we did was from Bryne’s Grilled Pizza.  There was another pizza truck there as well but they only had normal pizzas that we felt you could get anywhere, like pepperoni, sausage, etc.  Bryne’s on the other hand had a super sounding special.












The crust was beyond crispy perfect and the toppings were great.  Four kinds of cheese and artichoke hearts?  I’m there.


While I ordered and collected the slice, Jack stood in line at Some of This, Some of That for some cajun fare.  We got he cajun burger and the shrimp po’ boy but it took over an hour and a half, almost TWO, to get through the line and actually get the food. 


This happened to be the last truck of the night so we took the food back to the apartment and split the two dishes.  The cajun burger was nothing special but the shrimp po’ boy was good.  The bread somehow managed to be chewy and crispy all at the same time.  Love.

While he was in line to order, I ran to Scout’s Treats and grabbed two to share: Jack’s Chocolate Peanut Butter and Claire’s Sweet Caramel (this one was topped with a large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream).


I have to say, while we haven’t had the chocolate peanut butter loveliness yet, the vanilla bean caramel creation was wonderful.  Some of the best ice cream I have ever had and the cupcake had a permeating caramel flavor that was perfect.  Another please!

After finishing with the food trucks we headed over to the Friday Night Dance.  The place was super crowded, awfully warm, and ridiculously stuffy.  We danced three or four songs and I spent most of the time figuring out how to dance and not give myself dizzy spells.  My vertigo is not going to be an easy thing to deal with this weekend.  My back muscles that got wrenched in the accident are also going to be tough to deal with.  Here’s hoping it’s not insurmountable.

With all that said, we need sleep.  To bed we go for tomorrow we have Intermediate/Advanced tryouts at 9:30a.  Talk to you all later!

Question: How long have you waited in line for a food truck?


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...