Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thunderstorm Thursday

Checklist:

Who gave a presentation? ME

Who had two assignments due today? ME

Who made significant progress on homework? ME

Who had great food? ME

So let’s get down to it, huh?  Breakfast was a delightfully decadent bowl of oatmeal/oat bran.  You know how I love s’mores so I decided to have one first thing in the morning.

IMG_3767

Chocolate protein powder, a dash of chocolate syrup, one graham cracker sheet crumbled, and marshmallows.  Perfection.

I walked to school on a happy stomach and arrived just in time for Foundations class.  We talked about prenatal genetic counseling outlines and how to structure a session.  We also addressed how much and what kind of information to give.  It was an incredibly packed class and I’m a little overwhelmed.  It seems we always have moments like this.  We figure out exactly what is expected of us and then we, all the first years, freak for the rest of the day.  Then we get over it and do it.  So, I suppose, this is par for the course.

While I worked on polishing my presentation and my prenatal role play prep I had lunch.  I had some leftover Santa Fe casserole with Old Bay seasoning added in.

IMG_3768

A bit later I snacked on a gala apple.

IMG_3769

I skipped PreClinic conference (wasn’t required this week) and worked instead so by the time I got to giving my presentation in dysmorphology I had gotten a lot of work done and was in a pretty good spot.  Just check out the list!

IMG_3775

During our professor’s portion of the lecture I was hungry again so I had a peanut-scotch banana muffin and mozzarella string cheese to tide me over.

IMG_3770

When it was my turn I ran through my talk.  It only took a short time because a) the professor stole most of my thunder and b) my syndromes had already been covered by a fellow classmate last week.  Oh well.  I did my best.

I was planning on walking home after but I literally got seven steps out the door and it started to pour.  I decided instead to take the bus which, of course, was totally late…by 10 minutes.  Finally when it came I realized why: rush hour traffic.  It was 5p and everyone was trying to leave the city.  When I was dropped off I had to walk three and a half blocks to get back to my apartment and when I arrived I was soaked to the bone, right through my clothes.

IMG_3772

Ugh.  Not happy at all.  I stripped off the wet clothes, they were totally stuck to me, and changed into workout gear.  I did 25 minutes on the elliptical followed by 12 minutes on the stationary bike.  To keep myself busy I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and they were redoing a house for a family with a 12-year-old girl who has a “giant hole in her heart”.  Call my silly but I spent the whole time trying to figure out what kind of hole she possibly had.  =D

Back at the apartment, I showered and then whipped up dinner.  I sauteed onion and garlic in some sundried tomato infused oil and then added spinach, peas & carrots, and shrimp.  To that I threw in bowtie noodles and then coated it all in ranch.

IMG_3774

Very nice though something was slightly off in the taste.  I think it might have been the oil.  Perhaps sundried tomato doesn’t go particularly well with ranch.  Oh well, still good enough to gobble up in 10 minutes.

I worked for a bit after dinner and looked over my prenatal role play outline.  I also watched a ridiculous number of episodes of Mad Men.  Around 9:30 I was ready for dessert so I heated up another peanut-scotch banana muffin and nestled it with Kentucky Delight ice cream and caramel.

IMG_3776

The brown sugar ice cream really worked with the muffin.  Awesome.

I have an early morning observation tomorrow so bed is in my near future for sure.  I do not feel like driving in the city with all the morning traffic but I don’t have much choice.  In other news though Friday is a pre-race rest day and I have an hour long massage scheduled followed by a chiropractic adjustment.  Cool beans.

Fun Fact: Today was two days before my race (the same time frame as my accident in August) so you should all be pleased to know that I was not hit by a semi and therefore will be running on Saturday.  Can’t wait!

Question: What are your plans for the weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...